Monday, December 3, 2012

Ice Cream

Many people think ice cream is the typical western food, however, the oldest rudiment of ice cream is invented by Chinese in the Tang dynasty about two thousands years ago. Surely to make ice in summer was just a luxury for loyal at this time.





Then in Song dynasty, the fast developed trade made ice mixed juice became a popular seller in summer. When in Yuan dynasty, a foreigner called Marco Polo came to China, and brought it to Italian. Then Italian develop it to be a kind of ice desert called Gelato, and American develop it to be the modern ice cream.

There are different kinds of ice cream, different taste or different making process. Some of them taste more solid, like the ice cream sold in Walmart. I don't like this kind of ice cream. I love the ice cream of Dairy Queen very much, I think it is really the expert to make ice cream.

The special meaning of ice cream to me,  is friendship.  When I shopping with my friends, we usually go to DQ to buy a ice cream, I like to add brownies and my friend likes to add chocolate. The memory of the time hanging in the street and looking around the beautifyl and funny products together is really happy and cherish.

I believe every kind of food is a sign of a person for me. The friend  is just like ice cream, what she helps me just like the necessary ice cream in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know ice cream has so long a history in China, although I like it very much. In addition,ice cream in your pictures seems very delicious.

    ReplyDelete