Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dumplings

I would like to introduce some Chinese food, for example dumplings. Dumplings is a traditional Chinese food. Firstly, it just appeared in northern China, but nowadays,it is become very common in every family in China. And instant dumplings are sold in every supermarket.

However, there is still a little difference that northern China families are used to make dumplings themselves and eat dumplings for daily meal, but most southern China families  usually just eat dumplings when new year is coming and eat instant dumplings. I never make dumplings myself so I am laughed by roommates who come from northern China.

There is a special day called "Dongzhi", it means the winter is coming, northern Chinese will eat dumplings this day because there is a interesting believe in ancient China that if you eat dumplings on this day, then your ears won't be frostbite in the whole winter. Even though nobody believe it now, but it comes to be a tradition.

There are many kinds of dumplings which use different materials. My favorite one is shrimp and chicken dumplings. Pork dumplings is most common, but I think it is not a good idea to eat pork dumplings before taking a trip but car. I usually have a carsickness especially after eating pork dumplings. Beef dumplings is not so common, maybe beef is hard to cook.

I am learning to make dumplings, it is great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment