Thursday, November 8, 2012

Crucian Carp Soup

Crucian Carp Soup 

Well, it is my third month stay in America, the dishes of my home which I miss most is "crucian carp soup". I lived in a city near river, so I have fresh fish to eat every day. It is just half a hour to transport the fish from the fishman to the market. Every family loves fish in my hometown, especially my family. Crucian is a kind of fish in the river near my home.




















Honestly, my mother is not an very excellent cooker, just an average level. However, everybody will boost about their mothers' cooking skill while chatting with others. They usually say, "well, this food is not as delicious as my mother's!", "My mother cooks hundreds times better!", "I loves my mother's cooking most! Nothing can compare!". Sometimes they are telling the true feeling. But most time we both know it is a lie . I also have to lie that "my mother cooks best!". Although my mother knows it is not true, however, woman loves beautiful lie. 

Actually, She cooks every day but she is tired of it.  But one thing I have to say fairly. She is excellent at crucian carp soup, and the main reason is she knows what are I and my father's favorite. She knows how much salt explicitly as using a libra, and she can recognize the best fish for cooking among one lorryload fish. She know the best proportion and combination of cucumber and onion. Maybe others don't think it is more delicious than the soup in restaurant, but I and my father always eat up all the soup and we are just familiar with the taste. We need it just like rice. Not a word delicious or not can describe, we just feel comfortable about it. 

I know my mother also has her career, she is as smart and ambitious as my father. but she has to spend time for the household duties. I am very appreciate for that, and I understanding the sacrifice she made for family. Even though my father don't give a word about it, because he is a traditional Chinese people who never shows his feeling outside, I know he is showing thankful by actions. 

I think it is romantic, one day you meet a guy, and all your feeling concentrates, you want to give everything best and do everything. I think may be many wives complain about cooking and feel tired and boring about it, the only reason and motivation to let they continue do that everyday, is just the memory in their deep heart,"a young girl meet her best guy one day, the flower burst into bloom, the bird sings under the blue sky, then she determined to share the most delicious food with the person forever. "


No comments:

Post a Comment